Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Cyber School

Today, not in class, we discussed our thoughts on cyber school. I agree with some of them and disagree on others. I agree that students and teachers are facing some tough challenges with online learning. In my drawing class, my teacher couldn't get an online call to work. She kept trying to delay the call, but eventually she canceled our meeting time. Also, sometimes I don't understand some of my classes (not yours) instructions. For example, I had to email my Spanish teacher for some clarification, and she helped me. Cyber school, distance learning, self-quarantine, and remote education are very new to all of us. I am getting tired of sitting in the house, waiting for the day to be over so that I can do it all over again the next day. As students, we have to take more leadership and think more outside of the box now. The teachers give us work and we have to finish it. Teachers have to work a lot harder grading work, explaining the work that we're supposed to do, and plan their lesson for the next day. However, I think that I still have an easy way to access help from a teacher. Many teachers will set up a chat for any questions about the lesson. Luckily, we have spring break next week even though we won't be able to go out and hang with friends.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an accurate summary of cyber school. I feel that students like you are going to make the best of it, while the disorganized and less motivated among us are going to struggle. We WILL get through this! Thank you for being such a hard worker and keeping such a great attitude - believe it or not, you motivate and inspire me!

    ReplyDelete