Friday, March 6, 2020

Aristotle

Today in class, we took a pop quiz. I'm pretty sure I got a 100%. Below are the notes we took from today's class. We had a peaceful class mod. It was pretty cool until I looked at my biology test grade. This weekend, I'm helping build the set for my old school's play Frozen. It looks pretty cool, and I'm excited. Their opening night is March 12, 2020 (next week).

  • Aristotle- student of Plato at the Academy
  • helped foster ideas of Athens as an intellectual destination
  • his school-- the Lyceum--focused on. cooperative research- building on his knowledge gathered from all over the world
  • dreamt of having the sum of mankind's knowledge easily accessed in one location
Aristotle didn't invent the internet, but he wrote extensively on such topics as...
  • logic-- physics-- biology
  • ethics-- politics-- rhetoric
  • motion-- theatre-- poetry
  • metaphysics--psychology-- dreams-- and on and on...
Aristotle also tutored Alexander the Great who will rise in Greece.

No comments:

Post a Comment