Thursday, February 27, 2020

Test Day on ancient Greece Part 1!!!

Today in class, we took a test on ancient Greece (part 1). I think I did pretty well. There were about 40 questions, I think. One of them was an opinion question. I was kind of in between on the "Homeric question," but on the test, I said that I believed in him. Below is my answer. Next week, we are starting ancient Greece part 2 consisting of the gods, the Spartans, the Persian war, etc.

I think Homer really existed, but I think that the story was exaggerated as time went on. Historians keep adding something significant to his story and keep building it up even though it's not necessarily true. I believe that he wrote up the Iliad and The Odyssey, but not as extreme and interesting as it turned out to be. He told it the right way, but then people just had to spice it up more to create this fake story. This is why we should leave the story as it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment