Friday, September 13, 2019

Test Day!

Today in class, we took a test on excellence and a Message To Garcia. The test was made up of multiple choice, fill in the blank, short answer, and two essay questions. There was also a bonus question. The bonus question was, "In 2015, what was the correct name for the tallest mountain in North America? My answer was Denali which is in the state of Alaska. I can't remember many of the questions on the test, but I do remember one of the essay questions.

Describe and explain the Socrates trial and death: 
Socrates was accused of "corrupting the youth" and impiety. His defense was, " It's my job to be gadfly to the lazy, sluggish horse that is Athens. I should actually be rewarded with free dinners for life. He pleaded not guilty. However, 279 out of 500 jury members found him guilty. He was sentenced to death. The guards in prison like him, so they let him escape. But Socrates refused to. He wanted to stay loyal to the Athenian Democracy. He died by drinking Hemlock poisoning. In this situation, he was his own executer.

Overall, the test went well in my opinion. Studying really helps you with a quiz. It helped me. Hopefully I got a good grade. We will know our grade around Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment